Monday 22 February 2010

Letter from LS

Dear LS readers (ie my very good friends),

I think it’s time to tell you a little about this blog’s reason for existence.
The main objective is to get me writing. You’ll find below a series of promises, principles according to which this blog will function.

My first pledge to you is that this project will never become an online journal.
Instead, you’ll find some fiction pieces posted from time to time. Some of these are assignments for my Creative Writing class. This is particularly relevant to Friday the 20th of February's posting which could easily be mistaken for a journal entry. It is not, so to my friends out there, don’t worry, the dark thoughts aren’t mine.

Alternatively, you’ll come across some book reviews, art reviews, as well as my humble opinion on films and magazines. It’ll also soon become apparent that I like to eat but that’s the understatement of the decade! I absolutely live to eat. And write. So writing about food is the epitome of pleasure for me. I do however pledge not to make this blog JUST about food.

I'm also considering adding a column about people. That’s all I’ll say for now.

Another pledge I make to my readers (and to myself), is to write/ or post a photo as often as humanly possible.

It would be really great to hear from you, whoever you are out there … I don’t kid myself, I can name the people who've read me so far, and you’re very good friends for doing so. But I’m hopeful that with time, my reader base will expand way beyond SW London and the suburbs of Beirut. So please spread the word!

Thank you for reading, and stay tuned!

Love,

Lapland

3 comments:

  1. Love you too Lapland !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ça fait plaisir de te lire , meme si pour moi c pas facile de lire l'anglais ossi courament ! mais chapo et courage ! Carine ( cousine germaine de yummi )

    ReplyDelete